Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Interview: Maria of Avenue M


Hello everyone! 

Today, I have a special interview from the lovely Maria who blogs over at Avenue M.   The theme of the interview? Braces! Why? You'll find out tomorrow. :) 

1. Name + a little bit about yourself and your lovely blog, Avenue M.

My name is Maria and I am a 15 year old vintage lover with a blog that's all about my love for vintage clothing, photography and other frivolous things


2. When and why did you get your braces on?

I got my braces on the 10th of April, 2012. I know, I'm super weird for remembering the exact date! I got braces because I had a twisted tooth that I was extremely self conscious about, and there were large gaps between my teeth towards the back that needed to be fixed up!

3. When do you expect to get your braces off?
I'm hoping to have them off by October 2013, but I may even get them off earlier!

4. Did you ever feel self-conscious about them?

At first, yes, I was extremely self conscious. Now, I don't mind them too much because I keep reminding myself how wonderful my smile will look after they come off compared to before! :D
5. Did you start your blog with braces?
Nope! I feel like I've had them on forever though... even though it's only been about 8 months. 


6. Any funny stories about your braces?
Many! I've had various experiences with the whole 'food-stuck-in-teeth' and they've been quite embarrassing...

7. Any advice to those about to get metal on their teeth?
Embrace it! I am so grateful to have braces. Just remember that you'll only have them on for a while, but (if you wear your retainer religiously) you'll have a perfect, beautiful smile for the rest of your life. Nothin' beats that, haha!



Thanks for the wonderful interview, Maria! You are such a doll! 

Pop on over to Avenue M and check out her gorgeous blog!


xoxo, 

Laura 





4 comments:

Midwest Muse said...

aw maria is so cute!

Maria said...

I am so so so excited about your braces coming off! EEEP! Put a photo on Facebook as soon as it happens so I can see your gorgeous smile :D xo

MILEX said...

I think I am in love

Adora Mehitabel said...

Very sweet www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Seeing them always put a smile on my face.
Be sure to link your blog and I'll be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurasthriftingthroughlife@gmail.com

xoxo,
Laura